Iran, master's admission
Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.
Meeting the general entry requirements
A Karshenasi/Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.
Meeting the English requirement
Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.
You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
Find out more at English language requirements
General document requirements
In order to complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documents so they arrive at University Admissions by the deadline.
1. Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree(s) from an internationally recognised higher education institution.
The certificate/diploma must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.
2. Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree. If you have had courses credited/transferred from previous studies, you must also submit official transcripts for those courses.
The documents must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.
3. Proof of English language proficiency
4. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements
It's important you check your university's website for information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme you have applied to and any other documentation they may require, such as dissertations, essay summaries, letters of recommendation, or letters of intent. Please do not submit any additional documentation unless it is specifically requested by the university.
5. In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
The translation must have a stamp from one of the following authorities: Ministry of the Justice Administration, Justice Administration, Judiciary of the Islamic Republic of Iran or similar. The stamp:
- must appear on at least one of the translated pages of your documents.
- usually has a picture of the scales symbol of justice and verifies that your documents were translated by an official translator certified by the Iranian Ministry of Justice.
If your documents are/were not translated in Iran, this stamp is not required.
Special document instructions
To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript. If an Associate's degree is part of your Bachelor's degree, please provide a diploma and transcript for this as well.
- Provisional/temporary diplomas are accepted, but NOT if they've been issued for the purpose of work or continuing education in Iran.
- Transcripts must be verified (with signature and seal) by the university.
- University Admissions in Sweden does not give exemptions from the requirement that students submit a diploma, regardless of the reason provided.
- If you upload your documents, you must upload scans of the original documents – not certified copies. However, if the original of the translation has copies of the documents in the original language stapled to it by the authorised translator, this will be accepted. Please note that you must upload scans of the original translation and that it must be obvious that the copies are attached to the translation.
- If you submit your documents using the postal service or a delivery service, be sure to send officially certified copies, i.e. copies certified by the issuing university, a notary public or the authorised translator.
- Both the front and back sides of documents from Iran must be scanned and submitted.
Your name and birthdate must match on all documents
In order for your documents to be accepted:
- the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
- the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at Universityadmissions.se
If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.
If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation or an affidavit explaining the discrepancy.
You can contact us if you're not sure what you should submit. The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at Universityadmissions.se.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.
University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.
Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.