Vietnam, master's admission
Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.
Meeting the general entry requirements
For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Vietnamese university Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Dai Hoc).
The following degrees do not provide entry to a master's program:
- Junior College Graduation Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Cao Dang), 3 years. It can, however, be built on with 1-2 years for a university graduation diploma.
- Associate Degree (Cu nhan Cao Dang), 3 years. It can, however, be built on with 1-2 years for a university graduation diploma.
Meeting the English requirement
Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.
You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
Find out more at English language requirements
General document requirements
In order to complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documents so they arrive at University Admissions by the deadline.
1. Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree(s) from an internationally recognised higher education institution.
The certificate/diploma must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.
2. Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree. If you have had courses credited/transferred from previous studies, you must also submit official transcripts for those courses.
The documents must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.
3. Proof of English language proficiency
4. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements
It's important you check your university's website for information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme you have applied to and any other documentation they may require, such as dissertations, essay summaries, letters of recommendation, or letters of intent. Please do not submit any additional documentation unless it is specifically requested by the university.
5. In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.
Transcripts issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in original language are not required.
Note however that your diploma in original language must always be included, along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
You must scan original documents
If you upload your documents, you must scan your original documents. Scans of copies - even certified copies - are not accepted.
Your name and birthdate must match on all documents
In order for your documents to be accepted:
- the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
- the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at Universityadmissions.se
If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.
If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation or an affidavit explaining the discrepancy.
You can contact us if you're not sure what you should submit. The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at Universityadmissions.se.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.
University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.
Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.