India, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

The following diplomas/certificates meet the criteria:

  • Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
  • Intermediate Examination Certificate
  • All India Senior School Certificate Examination
  • Pre-University Education Certificate
  • Indian School Certificate (ISC)

  • Certificate of Vocational Education (CVE-12)

  • Polytechnic Diploma/Diploma Examination Certificate
  • Senior Secondary (12th Class) Examination

Submit your upper secondary Examination Certificate with Statement of Marks issued by a nationally recognised Board (certificates issued by the school will not be accepted).

Did you graduate after 2009?

If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC).

Meeting the English requirement

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with one of the following:

  • grades in the subject English language and at least three other subjects with English as the language of instruction stated on your official upper secondary certificate
  • grades in the subject English language stated in Indian School Certificate Class XII (year 12) that are issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
  • grades in the subject English language stated in Senior School Certificate Examination / Marks Statement cum Certificate that are issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) from 2008 and onwards

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test.

More at the page English language requirements

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation of documents not required

As documents from this country are normally issued in English, you don't need to provide translations.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate) as to why they don't match. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your name change.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your birthdate change.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 31 January 2024